SailNet Community - View Single Post - Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013

drakeParagon is on a distinguished road
Re: Preview - Paragon's North Atlantic Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Just curious - what are you using for storage of the video?
Hi smackdaddy,

I'm copying the raw video files straight from 128 GB SD cards onto Seagate portable 1.5 TB external USB drives

(
Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5 TB USB 3.0 Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive in Black STAA1500100: Electronics Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5 TB USB 3.0 Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive in Black STAA1500100: Electronics

)

From there I'm processing the video with Apple's Final Cut Pro X video editing software and in the process backing up those files onto a Drobo 8 TB RAID array.

Amazon.com : Drobo Beyond Raid 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SATA 6GB/S Storage Array with Drobo PC Backup : Electronics Amazon.com : Drobo Beyond Raid 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SATA 6GB/S Storage Array with Drobo PC Backup : Electronics

The Drobo drive has fault tolerance in that if any of the 4 2 TB drives in it fails, then I don't loose any data. I can swap out the bad drive with a new one and rebuild it.

From there I'm backing up everything onto a second mirror Drobo drive.

We better get to Ireland soon because we're almost out of disk space!

Happy sailing!

Drake
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook