SailNet Community - View Single Post - M-20 Scow - Help identify part
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013
Rob

snow-dude is on a distinguished road
Re: M-20 Scow - Help identify part

Dean,
Tonight's update: with your help, we have identified all the parts of the “mast ram”. Instead of the lines routing through the sole of the boat, my lines go from port and starboard sides of the “mast bulkhead” to the cockpit. See coiled lines in Pic #1

Please notice in pic #1 how far forward the mast is in the “mast well”. The backstay and forestay are very taut. The backstay is released all the way to the blocks. Either my stays shrunk, or the boat grew …or perhaps I’ve rigged something wrong...likely.

pic #2 - bow chainplate. We used the jib’s internal stay to bend the mast forward so we could pin forestay to the forward hole in the chainplate. Is this where the forestay mounts? Where does the jib’s internal stay mount? (currently mounted in the aft chainplate hole). The Jib’s internal stay appears to be too long…..we cannot take up the slack of the jib’s internal stay in it’s current configuration.

Dean, Many thanks. We would not have gotten as far as we have without your help! Any future assistance will be greatly appreciated!

BTW – my M-20 is a 1981 model….#601.

Rob
Lake LBJ, TX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3006[1].jpg (58.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3013[1].jpg (20.2 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook