SailNet Community - View Single Post - America's Cup opening races
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
America's Cup opening races

I suppose I'm going to try to stream them from anchor this afternoon. Despite the advantage of keeping the races in the US, I find myself having to root against Oracle. Let the races go to NZ and we can get them back with another club. Hopefully, Ellison is banned in the meantime.

It doesn't seem like they are the commercial success they hoped either.....

Quote:
In fact, with fewer competitors than anticipated taking part in the preliminary racing this summer, the crowds at San Francisco's waterfront were significantly lighter than planned for and merited a reduced police presence, said Sergeant Dennis Toomer of the San Francisco Police Department.

"Because the boaters have scaled back, we've scaled back," he said. The crowds have been so light, he said, that "sometimes it's hard to decide if people are out there for the America's Cup or for a walk."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook