SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Luffe 36.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomsViking View Post
Used to race on a Luffe 37'er and lusted for one of those, but....
That is a beautiful boat with a hull more modern than the old good 37. I have to say that after having visited the shipyard and had the pleasure to test sail the first 40.04 with Oluf Jørgensen in strong winds I am a fan. You can see the passion and love that Oluf puts in all his boats.

Of course the boat is very narrow (by modern standards) and that means sailing almost all the time with a considerable heel. That can be fun but also a bit more complicated while cruising, for instance while cooking. Wives tend also to hate heel...so that is a disadvantage but I bet that boat knives through the waves at least as well as all other Luffe. Another disadvantage in what regards cruising is that the 36.6 will have the interior space of a fat 33 or 34ft, I mean more mainstream performance cruisers like the Arcona.

But a Luffe is a boat that will withstand very well the passage of time (classical lines) and not many will grow old with the same dignity. I would only change that transom that looks dated, I mean not the hull but the way it is designed (closed transom looking like a GS from some years ago). Maybe that has to do with the very traditional kind of clients that are faithful to Luffe?

Some pictures and specifications:

- LUFFE YACHTS -

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 09-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook