SailNet Community - View Single Post - South Pacific Weather Wind Finder with 8 Day Forecastss
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013
Banned

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Re: South Pacific Weather Wind Finder with 8 Day Forecastss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Really? All you did is create links to a site that did all the work, and you're asking for advertisers?

The links take you directly to the page infomation relating to that particular port, island or place instead of going to google search or there main page, then scroll to the position on the world map if you can find it as not all places islands are labelled, set your settings then get transferred to another url page. In the South pacific and a lot of third world places they do not have fast internet services and their rates per hour are expensive. Like in tonga Va' vau it's takes between 16mins and 20mins per transfer url page as well as longing on. Accordingly if a sight takes 4 urls to transfers to get to the page I have a direct link to then thats approx a hour which is frustrating. Same if you are using sat phone or sat communications to access the internet at approx $1 80 per minute so you can see the costs savings involve. It took over 100 hours to find all those relevant direct links to save costs and frustrating for the cruising yachtsman that wants more than one source weather information. Windfinder lists it all in text form and and symbols.

To me when gathering info for route planning when cruising the shortest possible time in doing so and at the min costs is a considerable asset. There are lots of things to do before leaving port and time is valuable I think you will agree.

piclarke.

Last edited by piclarke; 09-12-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook