SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looked at the Ranger 26
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013

LakeMi is on a distinguished road
Re: Looked at the Ranger 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I can see why he might be a little upset. That's a pretty obnoxious thing to tell someone when you don't know anything about sailboats.

Your story is inconsistent. Either you like the boat and want to buy it, or you don't like it and walk away. This "I'll take it off your hands for free" stuff rarely goes over well unless the owner offers to give it to you for free.

It's very possible that this boat is worth nothing. But if so, you should politely walk away and not pursue it.
My story was not inconstant. I said from the get go after I looked at it that it didn't call to me. I also didn't pursue it, he called me. To me that sounds like he wants it gone. Then after we talk for a bit about what's wrong with it he starts trying to convince me it's a $4000 boat and I needed to pay him $800 for it. I told him that as it sits and not being able to see everything it might not be worth paying winter storage for me to find out that its going to cost me $5000 next year to fix it.

Lastly I don't need to know about sailboats to know what soft spots on the deck are and frayed ropes. Plus water inside the cabin is not a good thing on any boat.

I really don't see what's wrong with what I said! Sorry if you feel I crossed some line but I don't feel I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook