SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looked at the Ranger 26
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Looked at the Ranger 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMi View Post
...I really don't see what's wrong with what I said! Sorry if you feel I crossed some line but I don't feel I did.
No need to apologize. It's your right to offer whatever you want.

It's just that his argument appears to be that he has a $4000 boat, and has already made an 80% reduction in recognition of its condition. You're trying to argue for a 100% reduction.

Some here have pointed out this this might actually be a $4000-5000 boat that just needs some cleanup and minor refurbishing, in which case $800 is a great bargain. It's also possible that the boat's condition is so deteriorated that it's worth less than nothing, because of the high cost of disposing of worthless carcasses.

The only thing that can discern between these two extremes is the practiced eye of experienced sailors. Many here have offered to look over your pictures to help guide you in determining the value of this boat. It's your choice whether to take them up on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook