SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solar charge controller question
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Solar charge controller question

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Another update:

I went to the boat yesterday to install the new controller. Following the advice Mainesail gave me, I checked the amp and volt output of the panels with the old controller before I removed it. it wasn't a very sunny day and the angle was getting low, but the old controller was putting out 1.3 amps and only 12.8 volts. We put in the new controller and saw a jump to 2 amps and 13.1 volts. It looks like the old controller might have been the problem after all. I left the panels charging my 160a house battery and will return in 2 weeks to see the charge state. If all is well, I hope the see the little blinking light that indicates a full battery on float charge.

Glad you found the issue. There are a LOT of suspect solar controllers out there and the market is akin to Snake Oil sales from the early days of pharmaceuticals........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook