SailNet Community - View Single Post - America's Cup opening races
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013
Advanced beginner

emcentar is on a distinguished road
Re: America's Cup opening races

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinie View Post
If you are watching the races on the internet instead of a 60 inch HD TV, you really can't appreciate how far advanced these boats have become!
Eh, hem. I was watching the AC on the internet too - on a computer plugged into a home projector system which broadcasts a picture that is the size of my living room wall.*

*Honestly, I don't know why everyone hasn't done this yet. I unhooked myself from cable after a four month battle with Comcast back in 2006, and bought my first projector. I upgraded last year to an even better projector (a good projector is still cheaper than a large flat screen TV). Every year more and more television shows and sports are available online. And it's so much cheaper. When I first cut the cord back in 2006 there were real costs (and real savings) but every year it just seems more and more puzzling how the cable companies expect to stay in business with everyone paying through the nose for content that is mostly available online for much less.

**That picture isn't me, or my exact setup, by the way.

Last edited by emcentar; 09-09-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Naming names (i.e. Comcast)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook