SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013

olianta is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Thanks Paulo! Yes, I am much more inclined to pay a price per boat and not per knot. Otherwise I should end in motor boat. I think the Luffe offers 4 basic basic advantages: 1. Traditional looking boat; 2. Excellent monohull sailing including including and good pointing; 3. Quality craftsmanship outside and inside that you can also match to your taste and 4. Fair price (not cheap but not so much Scandinavian expensive). The disadvantages are related only to the narrow beam, which I could live with.

On the other hand Quorning boats are doing great and I predict (and wish) they will be more fashionable in the near future. I visited the yard and was impressed by their small yard efficiency. They make one 28 every 10 days and one 32 every 15 days. Also their responsiveness and commercial behaviour is more adequate. On the other side as you have postednin the past Luffe is more custom made boat and I am sure they cannot build a Luffe 37 (the smallest model) in 20 days (if your measure time by foot). But When I asked why the new Luffe 3.6 has abandoned the low boards of previous models (I think the slightly wider beam does not ruin so much the image), the response was that it was made to meet then needs of the German customers who are taller and need standing height in all boat premises. This means that the boat was designed according to more to the customers' taste and not to Oluf's taste which I respect more. And the base price of the 3.6 is 50k EUR more than the 37.09. (Ex VAT).
Rumen
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook