Old 09-11-2013
Splashed

JomsViking is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

But... The wife says no

Quote:
Originally Posted by olianta View Post
What do you meant by that BUT......?
I will be test sailing a Luffe 37.09 and 3.6 on September 28-29. On september 30 I will test the Dragondly 28 charter boat (it is available for tests only on Mondays). So far I am doing just coastal sailing. I think the Black Sea (where I sail) is similar to the Baltic in terms of waves but generally not so windy and lack of islands. The only positive thing apart from the possibility for all year round sailing, is that draft is not a big issue in most of the places along the western coast. But I cannot make my mind whether to opt for a Luffe 37.09 or a Dragonfly 28. Both shipyards gave me similar price offers. Luffe is on my heart while Dragonfly tickles my wish for something different. I am sure that by its higher speed and beaching abilities it will make a more versatile boat for coastal sailing. That's why I wil test sail them both in two consequtive days in order to make a choice. But I guess it will not be an easy one. I should mention that 100% I sail single handed with my wife or occasional friend as a guest during the summer season.
I apologise that this post is more enquiring than enlightening and could be qualified as off topic.
Rumen