Originally Posted by Zanshin
tdw's picture is an awesome one! It contains a number of clues (which I can see but not identify) that makes sleuthing possible even for those without any idea of the location; this is the type of picture that makes the thread interesting to follow.
- What looks like inland locks, but the LS AA 3 rescue ship looks a bit overdone for inland waters.
- Deep locks, so a very tidal area
- grass growing on the ground leads one to think that this is a permanent display and no longer used, as do the wooden stairs.
- Background looks like the hills of central Germany
- Streets signs are european standard, but look French or German
- Looks like a very big sailing vessel in the background, with a deep keel so this is probably not central Germany.
So many clues but I have no idea where this could be... Perfect picture for this thread.
I agree great pic. Despite the clues and I couldn't get it even though I have been to Bilbao albeit 2 decades ago. Well done DJL
Here is a link which gives some info on the boats in the dry dock.
Exposición permanente exterior - MUSEO MARITIMO RIA DE BILBAO