SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looked at the Ranger 26
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013

LakeMi is on a distinguished road
Re: Looked at the Ranger 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamo View Post
I looked at this boat, too. Smell was enough to sour me on the deal. But, if you take off what the motor is worth, you're getting a pretty cheap boat.

As for the bolts, what reading I've done on the Ranger is that they sometimes leak. I suspect that what you're seeing there is the plate that is built into the hull to accept the keel/bolts. Probably steel. Probably wet since it's been in the water. The bolts are replaceable from what I've read.

I'm a newbie to boats bigger than 14 ft. He was asking 1500. 'Bout peed my pants with excitement when I saw he was down to 800. But, I'm allergic to home improvement projects and about the same when it comes to re-doing boats. Just don't have the vision for it. I did walk away thinking that it might make the right hand guy one heck of a deal.

Good luck!
Oh yes that smell was strong. My wife refused to even get on it. I told her she needed to see if she liked the cabin. She told me that she didn't care if there was gold down there she was not getting on it.

If you liked the lay out of the ranger 26 there is another one for sale on muskegon lake. Asking 2600 and that includes haul,storage, launch in the spring. Take that off the 2600 and the smelly boat really is a bad deal. I didn't like the size of the cabin. For what my family wants to do it would not work that good. Every other weekend on a boat I can't stand up in!

Good luck to you as well.

P.S remember when you find a boat that's nice for cheap. It was mine first! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook