SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

I also think one of the reason for the, by todays standard, extremely narrow hulls of Faurby and Luffe is the simple fact that the boxes are that narrow up here.

I also think that to some extent there is too much negative talk about going to windward with the beamy boats. I also have nothing against beating, in fact I very much prefer it compared to to reaching in the 8-18 knots. And even if I can not reach your angle of attack it is still pretty good and not uncomfortable at all, not even in a seaway of decent magnitude. I can easily outrun all normal cruisers (does sailing interested enough to not motor) and keep for instance a well sailed Dehler 36 behind. A good Comfortina 39 was tough though. Same speed but higher angle.

Regarding JKP 38, it is looking good but draft big and double rudders and tiller steering outside the wish list. Regarding weight that is still a puzzling subject. Hull 10 of the Opiums (mine is 11) was at the Paris show 2010 and have an officially verified weight bill of 5630 kg. Now they qoute 6600 kg. RM1060 qoute 4600 kg for a rather big boat wit a loaded interior while Archambault goute 4400 for the A35 while Dehler is up at 7100 for the 38. Very big differencies in my opinion.

Regards,
Anders
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook