SailNet Community - View Single Post - Learned something(s) today
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Learned something(s) today

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
They didn't say they prohibit the divers, but they said that as divers themselves, they wouldn't do it because it isn't safe. They trust their electrical system, but they are concerned about someone running a generator or one of the other nearby marinas on the river.

If I knew a diver in that area who would do it, I'd jump on the chance. But I don't want to waste several days finding one.
I've seen countless divers at marinas over the years. Even Fastbottoms here dives at marinas every day. Sure, there is some risk, but it has never seemed to be a serious concern, unless you know of a reason to be concerned.

Perhaps the concern about a generator at another marina is the most telling. That's just never going to travel that far. I think they are taking you for the quick haul $$. Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook