1975 Anacapri Erika 24
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Beverly Hills, FL
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 3
Re: Recore Entire Deck
I am done fiberglassing!!!!
Conquered major delays:
- I messed up my knee fooling with a tarp tore my PCL (sort of the opposite of a ACL)
- Working in 90 to 100 degree weather with rain almost every day
I have learned that:
- Working with fiberglass cloth is why cuss words were invented. Fiberglass cloth will NEVER lay down the same way twice.
- CSM is a breeze if you dont mess with it too much once down. Rolling heavy CSM too much at the wrong time causes it to break up on your roller and make an awful mess.
- And today I discovered that Love Bugs are attracted to the smell of Polyester resin. Arrggg!!!
I would do it again- but never ever ever ever ever again in the summer time!!!!
P.S. (I did not reuse the old skin - it just didn't look like it would fit right. I laid all new material)
Last edited by BillOcala; 09-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.