SailNet Community - View Single Post - Le Guen Hemidy 30
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013

donjuanluis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to donjuanluis
Re: Le Guen Hemidy 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Juan, that looks like a nice little boat. It might be a good idea to get someone who knows aluminium boats to go over it thoroughly before you close any deal.

I noticed from the broker ad the boat has a French flag. Are you going to have trouble keeping this boat in Uruguay? I don't know how the laws work in Uruguay, but if it were Brazil, you'd have to take the boat out of Brazilian waters every year, which is a bit of a problem. This is why no one buys foreign-flagged boats here. If it's easy to nationalize a boat in Uruguay then I would suggest shopping in Argentina for a boat. There are many more boats for sale there and there are some good deals. Argentina has some very well made boats.
Thanks a lot Copacabana. In Uruguay, for now, there are no constraints about foreign boats for the time staying, the only issue as far as I know is after 9 months without leaving national waters, you will have to pay taxes, but it is avoided if you make a weekend trip to Argentina. In fact, if you look the other deals of the broker, most of the offers are foreing boats. I'have some concerns about the quality and handle of the referred boat.
have fun, and if is too much fun don't forget to invite me!!!
cheers!

Last edited by donjuanluis; 09-14-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook