SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Najad went down together witn new owner Nord-West motoryahts. It took a long time until a real estate developer and a local motor yacht reseller bougt the lot. As saying goes right now there are not any plans to restart Najad.

Maxi is now owned by Delphia so is it a Maxi or Delphia - hm...but carrying the Maxi label,

Yes, I know that the more waves the slower a beamier hull will be. The message I wanted to bring forward was that these beamy boats can be rather nice going upwind in - as Yacht magazine also concluded in their test. And sorry, it was a Comfortina 42 with racing sails and definitively without all the extras I had on board. And it is a rather sharp boat. The Dehler 36 with racing sails and a competent crew, also without all the stuff I had on board and a dingy trailing after me, that I rolled ower did not either had a chance against that boat, as all the other boats doing the 15 NM miles beat that day up Lilla Bält in Denmark. Yes, flat water but also only 8-10 knots of wind.

Regards,
Anders

Last edited by JAndersB; 09-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook