SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013
Picnic Sailor

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Sure a paint job would look far better if my boat were a marina queen like most of Bobs rarely leaving the dock except for a two week summer vacation and the odd weekend cruise.
Marina Queens??

Brent your not getting it. There are more people cruising the world on Bob's boats than your boats. That is indisputable fact. Bob's boat's have been voted/reviewed and agreed to be the best in the world. This is indisputable fact. Yet you continue to spout dog shite on here that is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
I am a demonstration of how freely one can cruise, semi retired since my mid 20s, by following my own advice.
So if you DON'T want to have the same degree of freedom, then you definitely DON'T want to follow my way of doing things.
So tell us smack . How much full time cruising have you done since your mid 20s?
Brent your a demonstation of how one can hit alot of reefs in ugly boats that is all. You paint yourself as the cruiser's crusader. Your not.

I am also a cruiser mate, I semiretired a couple of years ago at 31, I haven't done as many nautical miles as you but I haven't hit any reefs yet either, I cruise on a budget as well, this does mean everything isn't shiny and new, yet I still don't feel the need to attack or preach to others who are doing things differently to us.

I think that is what cruising is kinda about, meeting people from different walks, different means, different cultures and it not mattering at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.