SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Y'know, having said all of this, it ain't all a Bob or Brent kinda world.
Get out there. Make like Nike, and "Just do it." If that means you call up Bob and commission a new design and cut a big-ass cheque, cool- more power to you. if that means that you clear a corner of your drive shed and order up some sheet and a crapload of rod for your welder and go to town- more power to you.

Or if that means you find a boat that suits you, does what you need when you need it and fits your refit fitness, then... more power to you.

But do something.
Life ain't waiting.
Well said.

In reality I actually probably cruise more like Brent. In philosophy though it appears we are quite different.

There is truth in what Brent says, if you want to go cruising around the Pacific in your 20's then you probably will not be commissioning Bob Perry to design you a custom boat.

The difference is that I doubt Bob would care. I am fairly sure he would not expect that you MUST do it in one of his boats. Brent does demand this, Swainology states that if you do not build one of his boats you face certain peril.

I object only to the narrow minded, fanatical lengths he takes his approach. I also object( like you alluded BJ ) to him self appointing himself as the poster child for cost conscious cruising.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.