SailNet Community - View Single Post - Aren't boats too easy to steal?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road
Re: Aren't boats too easy to steal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
But just because its not offered in the showroom doesn't mean you can't beef up security yourself

Some dont cost much at all!

I use this when I am onboard at night.
I looked at similar implementations when I first moved aboard but decided they present a potential fire hazard, and ended up skipping the idea. Though, I have been toying around with the idea of implementing some sort of screen that lets air flow, while keeping out critters (i.e., cats, dogs, squirrels, raccoons, etcetera).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
The murders on board during the time I have been cruising all occured on boats unsecured... intruders get on board and walk below, or the owner comes out himself.
What are the statistics of people being murdered by strangers while sleeping on a boat? Just curious.

As for this topic. I have admittedly marveled that theft seems to be fairly low, considering all the expensive hardware around. Like others, the things that seem to get stolen the most around here are dinghies and O.B. motors. But even then, that seems fairly light, as our local LE beefed up their surveillance (i.e., air birds & water patrol) at night.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook