SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

I was going to send Smack one of my blocks, until someone on another site pointed out how he could easily manipulate the results, to say whatever he wanted them to say. Given I his track record of misrepresentation, manipulation, deception and lying, it would inevitably be the case.
I did a search under Garhaur. I saw a single block for $21. Was that the $25 block Smack wanted to test mine against? I asked him to post a picture of the block he has in mind , but he wouldn't . It is rated at safe working load of 1150 lbs, a fraction the strength of a loop of half inch line over it. The becket on my block, at 45,000 psi for aluminium, is over 16,000 lbs breaking strength. How would that compare to the 3/16th shackle on the block that Smack proposes as stronger, or the tiny amount of stainless around the threaded end of the shackle pin? I am willing to do the test myself in front of witnesses , and post the video of it this winter , without Smack's manipulations and deceptions .. No problem.