SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013

HMoll is on a distinguished road
Re: Oceanis 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
HMoll - But clearly you are not in the target market for the Oceanis 38, which is why the advertisement doesn't appeal to you. Based on what you are saying, you would more likely gravitate toward the Beneteau First line of performance cruisers, like the First 35 or First 40. The advertising for those boats would include video footage of the Fastnet Race and the Sydney-Hobart Race, featuring interpid men sailing upwind in 30 knots.

To be honest, I've seen the marketing videos for the First line and they're very similar to the Oceanis video, only with a bit more realistic sailing in them. But people like us are not influenced by videos, so Beneteau doesn't bother.

Best,
Well, I've been paying close attention to any news on this boat because I think I AM target market, especially now that I'm possibly closing the deal on selling my own boat this weekend. . What I tried to point out before is that even for relaxed cruising, there's elements of safety, performance, seaworthiness, that are crucial and still should be top priorities in a sailboat purchase, no matter your sailing grounds, and this video transmits NONE of those. The video says "to be continued".

On another hand, I will admit that I drool over the new Pogo 30 and I wonder what they're sketching for the 10.50. Also, when will Dufour launch a new 40P...hmmm.

That 1,000,000 views is thanks to Paulo and a few other contributors. Soon to be 4 years!!! I check it EVERY day and enjoy EVERY post. Thanks to all, especially PCP.

Hans
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to HMoll For This Useful Post:
Anders B (09-19-2013)