SailNet Community - View Single Post - Musings of a Live Aboard
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Musings of a Live Aboard

FWIW, my wife once went into a laundromat and found someone who had gotten his sneakers all wet and muddy in the rain. He took his shoes (mud and all), threw them in the dryer, and inserted his coins to dry them out. Ever since then, she has absolutely refused to ever use a laundromat. (Well, maybe once she made an exception when we were on vacation for 2 weeks and ran out of some essential clothes items.)

I know that when cruising on vacation, laundry is almost unnecessary because you wear much fewer clothes (mostly bathings suits and T-shirts in our case). And I had forgotten how well lifelines and heavy clothespins could work for drying - we did that when we chartered.

But my question was more directed at full-time liveaboards, where you need to eventually confront the issue of laundry. Given my wife's aversion to public laundromats, it is a major issue that we would have to deal with. Like I said, liveaboard just ain't gonna happen for us, so it's largely hypothetical anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook