SailNet Community - View Single Post - which boat would you take if both were free to you?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013
Advocate777

Advocate777 is on a distinguished road
which boat would you take if both were free to you?

Okay, I know I am gonna get alot of input and opinions....but that is what I want. So, here goes:
Question: If you wanted to keep a boat in the Chesapeake, but also wanted to keep it in the winter in S. Florida....and then to the Bahamas and the Caribbean (Virgin Islands) and maybe eventually down to Cuba and the Yucatan. But mostly in the Chesapeake and the Florida Keys....and,
you would be single-handing alot but would also have a spouse to sometimes crew; and you had to factor in insurance costs, marina costs and general maintenance; and you knew that because of your situation/age that this would be your only boat to get - and your goal was to pay it off so you could retire and only pay maintenance costs...and you were gonna live on this boat alone and/or with your spouse for maybe 3 months straight at a time.......and someone was willing to give you two boats of similar value (okay, just go with my hypothetical and don't get all nitpicky/intellectual on me like 'why do you have to only choose between those two boats...') and this was your opportunity and ONLY options....just saying...would you choose: (and 'neither' is not an option as a response...)
would you choose...if you had to pick:
1.) a 35 foot well-equipped Island Packet mono-hull, or a
2.) well equipped 34 foot Gemini Catamaran

which one would you pick and WHY?

Thanks for your specific 'answer the question and not give your opinion on other options' response-

Thanks-
Advocate777

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook