SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experience with TowBoat US
View Single Post
post #50 of Old 09-22-2013
Experience with TowBoat US

Good Morning! I have a few questions that I would like to ask you if you have time. I am a also a boat captain by trade. I beached my personal boat on August 31, 2013 off the Sebastain Inlet. (soft beaching) The motor and the electrical system were high and dry. The boat was listing to the starboard side and taking water and sand over the side. I called TowBoat US for help. They showed up without so much as a SHOVEL. They had no floatation devices or pumps. They yanked my boat off the beach full of sand and water and took off through the inlet. When he slowed down, he completely SUNK my boat. NOW, after speaking with TowBoat US corporate office, I have attempted to get this tow companies insurance carrier so I could file a claim. He refuses to give it to me or the corporate HQ. I got a bill Monday for almost $3,000 and yesterday recieved a certified letter stating he was putting a lien on my boat because it was a salvage. It was most definitely NOT a salvage. I just need to know if you would consider a soft beaching with all the important stuff high and dry a salvage or a simple tow? I just need some imput from someone who has the experience with the tow boat ins and outs. Thank you so very much! Regards
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome