SailNet Community - View Single Post - AC 34 - What If?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013

sailwatcher is on a distinguished road
Re: AC 34 - What If?

This has been rather bizarre to watch. I'm no sailor. Just a fairly casual, but interested fan.
I missed todays races due to a soccer match I had committed to going to. But I was completely shocked that Oracle, which has had its back against a wall for what seems like eternity now, pulled out two more wins, and now the regatta is fairly close---but could still end any day with one more NZ win.

The racing has been mostly fun to watch. I do love the foiling. I liked the drama of Oracle falling back so far, but then the race being abandoned. Well, maybe once. After a while, the drama from these strictures get old.

While I love the speed of the cats, I do miss the maneuverability of the monos. Frankly, I don't care whether the next AC is for cats or monos, but I also hope the DOG itself is never amended to require cats (if it even can be. I don't know how amendments work).

I'd sort of like smaller boats back. I liked the size of the AC 45's pretty well, but weren't those OD's? AC should never be OD. Hell, I don't even like it for the VOR.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook