SailNet Community - View Single Post - Experience with TowBoat US
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013

Coquina is on a distinguished road
Re: Experience with TowBoat US

I have had great luck with TowBoatUS and long ago SeaTow as well.
I had an engine failure and I sailed to Kent Narrows, got towed through to the other side, and resumed sailing. Another engine issue and I sailed to my marina entrance and they met me to tow me to the dock. And yes, I do know how to sail into my slip, but it is not possible when the wind is blowing the wrong way with our narrow entrance. Bill both times was $0.00

I had a powerboat that sank on her mooring. SeaTow got her floating and delivered to the yard. They billed the insurance company for salvage* and I was not out of pocket at all for this. The last person to use my boat was an adjuster for the company that insured her, so THAT claim went right through

NOTE: BOATUS hull insurance covers hull value and salvage as SEPERATE buckets of money. If your insurance pays out of the same pile of cash for both, you could easily eat up most of the value of the boat in paying salvage with no money left to fix her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook