SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you store excess energy?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013

allio is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you store excess energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Why the hell would you double the spend on solar panels? Have you priced them? Bloody expensive! And you want to double them so you have too much electricity?

And where are you going to put them? On a monohull you are starved for space. A cat has more space above the hard bimini.

If someone spends $3,000 on renewable energy you would wonder why they would spend another $3,000 for 'excess'??

I'd prefer to spend the other $3,000 on restaurants with hot chics in sleazy parts of the world.

Mark
Reading the following posts I'm guessing there's quite a few people out there who've done exactly what I said.

I regularly see boats on yachtworld with 3-400 watts solar and a wind genny with setups below decks that don't have a huge energy drain. I have to presume that that was a conscious choice.

I understand that installing solar could be expensive, but if you've already installed 200w with all the extra kit required to make it work, bumping it up by an extra 200w isn't going to double the cost or run anywhere near another 3k!!!!

Hear me ROAR
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook