SailNet Community - View Single Post - AC 34 - What If?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013

jzk is on a distinguished road
Re: AC 34 - What If?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Why are you saying it is too late? Oracle has momentum, and a slightly faster boat now. Two wins today for Oracle, and they can wrap it up tomorrow with two more wins. That doesn't seem so impossible, does it? It puts incredible pressure on the defender, no doubt. New Zealand might win the first race today, who knows? But, it's not too late for the U.S. boat. Just sayin....

Ralph
I am an Oracle fan. I would like nothing more than to see them win, especially in this comeback. Would this be the greatest comeback in the history of sports? The greatest victory in the history of sports right up there with the 1980 USA hockey team? This comeback is freaking outrageously cool. And I am not saying it is impossible. Just near impossible. At this level, any given day could throw the race one way or another on luck alone. That is why they have so many races.

But just being honest. Oracle is dominating now and with better preparation, they could have just dominated the whole thing. They did lose their wing trimmer. They did lack "real competition." But come on?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook