SailNet Community - View Single Post - This sailing others peoples boats thing is looking like work
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013

contrarian is on a distinguished road
Re: This sailing others peoples boats thing is looking like work

Quote:
Well I can think of 10 different boats I've sailed on this season so far.
Some of these skippers let me sail their boat more than twice.
Excuse the sorry attempt at facetiousness, I actually envy your situation and think that you definantly have the right approach for the most pleasure with the least amount of work. Seems to me that it does take a special type of personality that I am sorely lacking to pull off but I can appreciate those that do. As to your origianl quote I would say that the only time I find sailing to be "work" is crewing on other peoples boats especially on deliveries. On another note, I met a couple of guys on a delivery that sailed out of somewhere on the Hudson, I think it was Poughkeepsi. I lost the contact info for them and my old-timers CRS leaves me simply guessing at one of their names; George I think, but I remember that he worked for the phone co and had a Catalina 30, the other guy was a retired cop and had a Pearson either 323 or 365. If anyone reading this post happens to know the Guys I am referring to please send me a PM. I would like to get in touch again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook