View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Re: New Catalina Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
maybe it is as simple as:

list price means nothing
While there is always some room to haggle on price, the difference between the big three is not much different in percentage from list to final quote. The difference is in the information above. Catalina has more equipment standard, and the quality of much of it beats the comptetion. You do have to pay for those things, but in most Catalina's they are priced into packages that are add on's in other brands.
At the end of the day Bene will probably total out in the same neighborhood and the Catalina, you just have to decide if they are then equal or not. To each their own.

I am biased as I own a C34. However, when shopping for the boat new, I talked to a lot of dealers in state and at boat shows. The quote that I heard from more than one sales person, that sold both Catalina's and Bene's, was that the Catalina's were "more bullet proof" than the cruising series Bene's. That said, if I was more into racing I would own a 36.7 or 40.7 Bene as they are definetely faster. The cruising Bene's not so much.

Last edited by tomandchris; 09-24-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook