SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can someone seasoned answer a navigation question? Would be much obliged
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Can someone seasoned answer a navigation question? Would be much obliged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
I was assuming a departure near Magadan, not up near the BS. Why would you force your route to go all the way south along Africa when you don't need to? Plus there's the thread about the NW passage icing over; that might collocate things.
aha ... there's your big mistake ... never presume.

Now ... being a wiser man than your good self I never presume though I did have a guess that she meant Arctic Siberia not Pacific. Guessing is so much more scientific than presumption.

I don't quite understand the African reference nor Collocate ? Australian actress nicked ? I'm thinking maybe your 'complicate' got itself spellchecked ?

If we do say Arctic Siberia and presuming, sorry, guessing, that we are not too far west then going through the BS (at the height of summer) would seem to make sense, rather than across the top and down into the North Sea.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 09-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook