SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from California to Florida via the Panama Canal
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing from California to Florida via the Panama Canal

i didnt include the eastern side of mexico as i have yet to do that part--i figgered you guys with all the experience would chime in to set the poor soul straight--like, after he pops out the canal how he is gonna die......
seems it should be do able in a small boat-- one sees enough of em sailing everywhere and some have gone round the planet----so--what does he need to beware of on the other side--i need this info as well, so please bring it on...... <3

the trips down this west coast has been done in small boats and those are still surfing mexicoast--good souls and small boats---one merely becomes a better sailor than are we...... isnt hard . downhill run all the way on this side---it isnt until one pops out the canal that fun begins...seas south of conception i kali and south of cabo corrientes in mexico are quite smooth and windless on many occasions---is a drift place--southerly drift is less and there is actually a tidal flow, i noticed when i was drifting here.. of course if one finds a storm in pacific , one has a bit more fun---oops--challenge....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 09-25-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook