SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from California to Florida via the Panama Canal
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing from California to Florida via the Panama Canal

i didnt include the eastern side of mexico as i have yet to do that part--i figgered you guys with all the experience would chime in to set the poor soul straight--like, after he pops out the canal how he is gonna die......
seems it should be do able in a small boat-- one sees enough of em sailing everywhere and some have gone round the planet----so--what does he need to beware of on the other side--i need this info as well, so please bring it on...... <3

the trips down this west coast has been done in small boats and those are still surfing mexicoast--good souls and small boats---one merely becomes a better sailor than are we...... isnt hard . downhill run all the way on this side---it isnt until one pops out the canal that fun begins...seas south of conception i kali and south of cabo corrientes in mexico are quite smooth and windless on many occasions---is a drift place--southerly drift is less and there is actually a tidal flow, i noticed when i was drifting here.. of course if one finds a storm in pacific , one has a bit more fun---oops--challenge....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 09-25-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook