I don't discuss my member
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 13
Re: Do you believe in miracles???
There's no way they will postpone the AC a week. Too much money on the line. Not only would a week postponement cost everyone that's part of the race, onshore and off, more, but the commercial high this is riding on would fade and sponsors would drop like flies, except Oracle, of course.
They won't have a choice. The Coast Guard permits have been issued etc. The AC is at the end of its allotted use of the Bay.
According to several posters on Sailing Anarchy, the St. Francis Yacht Club and the Rolex Big Big Boat Series have agreed to allow an AC race to occur on Thursday if necessary.
Last edited by Fstbttms; 09-25-2013 at 01:08 PM.