SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is this?
Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013
jimgo's Avatar
jimgo jimgo is offline
Asleep at the wheel
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,014
Thanks: 71
Thanked 117 Times in 115 Posts
Rep Power: 4
jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: What is this?

The HIN is usually on the transom, but I've seen it both inside and outside. As Faster stated above, it is typically on the outside, on the port side, just below the hull/deck joint (or just below the rub rail). But I've seen the HIN on the inside (i.e., in the cockpit) on the port side. Sometimes it is on a metal plate, but typically it is embedded in the fiberglass, and it can be hard to see.

Your dimensions make it a 19.5' boat. Some manufacturers will call that a 20, some will call it a 19, and some will call it a 5.8/5.9. If you have the time, try searching for boats between 19 and 20'. I saw approximately 170 listings, so you might have to spend a bit of time looking through everyting, but that should give you a good sense of what the boat might be.
- Jim
Home: Western Philly 'burbs
1980 Allmand 31
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook