SailNet Community - View Single Post - Removing Hot Water Heater
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013

YankeePSC34 is on a distinguished road
Re: Removing Hot Water Heater

This month I removed the water heater, the surge tank and all coolant hoses. I was happy to get rid of the stinking monster. I installed a short cut in the potable water hoses. I also plugged the two ports in the coolant pump housing with 3/8” plugs I got from the guys in my local Yanmar shop. New engines come with the plugs installed. They take them out when installing a water heater . I still have the surge tank and the bleeding valve available. If somebody wants them please contact me with a private message.
Presently I am installing 4 golf cart batteries following Brian’s (S/V Indigo) solution. I am still in awe that he figured that out. Brian, big thank you for your help.
Earlier this month I installed two 85W solar panels, and, being a fan of proven solutions, I followed Dave’s (S/V Swan) design for the support framing. All worked very well and me and my dock neighbors like the easy looking structure. Dave, big thank you for your help too.
Finally a thank you to Raindog because if you would not have started this thread, I would still be trying to figure out a solution to my energy improvement needs.
Wolfgang
PSC34 Yankee #274
Rock Hall, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook