SailNet Community - View Single Post - Would you buy an early 80's cored hull boat?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Would you buy an early 80's cored hull boat?

Jon with due respect

Look up again what I said I used the word
Quote:
topside
.....I didnt say topsides.

THe two have very different meanings which ever dumb ass dictionary you want to use.

I said topside as to go topside the topside of the boat, which is usually the deck of some sort

You and you buddy boatpoker are sing the term TOPSIDES. See the s there .the s changes the meaning. Topsides IS the side of the hull above the waterline. BUT I didn't use that word did I now. I used the word TOPSIDE

Now for the other hater, sailingfool, if being right makes me a SN KIA what does being wrong make you....a SN DA.?

Just so you don't think I only use Webster...a good start by the way. Look at the definition in this nautical marine sailing dictionary. It clearly defines topside from topsides. Maybe this will help Boatpoker with his confusion when he gets the difference between using the s and not. His term topside is NOT the side of the boat.

Nautical Dictionary, Glossary and Terms directory: Search Results

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook