SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

I'll tell you what I've read, and I'm sure you've heard most of this..........When you search for Hunter info, holy man! People just really crap all over them. One thing I read that did puzzle me was a guy who said he was on a Legend, and "what a nice boat", but when he was trying to plot a course on the Chart table with the GPS, he had a very hard time reading the GPS because it was bouncing around from the deck flexing....

I saw a 35.5 Legend in Deltaville, VA,

1991 Hunter 35.5 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

not terribly far away from me at a reasonable price. Not sure why the guy moved the furler outboard of the well where it was designed (heard that the lines that go inside the deck to feed the furler can cause deck moisture issues so maybe that's it?) He also noted it's set up as a cruiser, and not sure what that means....may call on Monday?)

also, same price but farther away (1990 Hunter Legend 35.5 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com) with normal furler in anchor locker)

They are a little higher priced than I want, but everything is negotiable (I never would pay asking price, who would!)

Don't want to call and waste anyone's time, so have to consider.

To compare, here's a P-33-2 I like, just a few k less, but smaller boat....Nice looking, not as roomy inside or with the larger cockpit....but, other than possible deck moisture on stanchion bases (Pearson curse) and potential around toe rail (on the later Pearson designs)., This is a nice boat too.

1986 Pearson 33-2 sailboat for sale in New York

Last, but not least, looking at this one in Michigan, P-34 CB

1986 Pearson 33-2 sailboat for sale in New York

And, this older MKI Sabre 34 C/B

1983 Sabre 34 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

The Sabre and P-34 are very traditional interiors and frankly, exteriors too (kind of dated look, but great boats)

The Hunter and P-33-2 are defintely the newer look.

Comments?
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook