SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lightnings vs Scots vs Snark vs Sunfish
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013
Sailor

Foxy is on a distinguished road
Re: Lightnings vs Scots vs Snark vs Sunfish

Hope that you don't mind that I brought this from PM to the main thread. When I tried to respond, I got a message that I didn't have enough posts to send private messages. Go figure!

The sailing center that I refer to is the US Sailing Center, Martin County in Jenson Beach. It is on the east coast of FL where Marco is on the west coast.

I had never heard of a CL, but the pictures look similar to several other one designs out there. Unless the boat takes off and develops a fleet in your area, resale value will be low, just like the other hundreds of orphan one designs that never quite made it. OTOH, boats are, and never were, a good monetary investment. It is enjoyment you are buying and if you like the boat and it suits you, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollieMac
Thanks for your reply Foxy, I missed it earlier.
Maybe a Sunfish is worth looking into.Thre is a 16' CL that I'm looking at-I don't think they are commone enough for anyone to know. I posted an inquiry and got no responses, and that's a pretty wide audience.
It's a small boat that looks like it would sail well, but I know so little that I was hoping for advice. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Maybe I can come visit your place when I'm in FL this winter. I have parents on Marco, but I get up and down the coast in both directions from there.
Where is your sailing center?

Hollie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Foxy For This Useful Post:
HollieMac (09-30-2013)