SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sigma 41
Thread: Sigma 41
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sigma 41

Just a quick follow-up: I drove by and had a quick look at this boat yesterday. Didn't schedule an appt, was just in the area and stopped by. She looks great from ground level. (She's stored on the hard right now.) I was a little baffled by finding 3 x 3/8" holes drilled thru her keel and a fair amount of sharpie marks on the hull with measurements and a 5' line drawn on the keel. Looks to me like owner is thinking of shortening the keel to be able to get it to his current mooring.

I climbed up on her to have a look at the decks since they were my biggest area of concern since they had had a DIY peel and replacement. Well.... the finished project looks a littled like one of my kids school projects. The glass was uneven and "rough". Definitely not the look it had from the factory. walking around on deck it felt like there was a bit of give on the port side...

I think its a great boat but I think I'd rather have one with a little moisture and/delam that I had to deal with, than one that has been "fixed" by a previous owner. Don't think this one will be following me home anytime soon.