SailNet Community - View Single Post - Will this trailer haul a Com-Pac 23?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: Will this trailer haul a Com-Pac 23?

Looks fine, but you'll need a tow-vehicle to actually make it all move... heheheh...

Are you going to have someone crane it onto the trailer for the first "adjustments" to the trailer?

You'll also want to put some kind of keel support on the trailer, as MOST of the weight of the boat should be on the keel, the jacks/supports/rollers should really just stabilize the load.

But that is a dual axle (likely #3500, or #3000 axles).. the Compac 23 is what #3500 with gear? should transport comfortably.

That winch stand is a frankenstein, I wouldn't trust it for anything though. Get a proper winch stand from someplace like etrailer or trailerpartsdepot and mate it to the size/angle you need once you figure out where the boat will sit on the trailer. But I think it'll work nicely for you.

The only thing that looks really odd is the width of the A-frame on it... the stance seems wide enough, but that frame looks only to be like 5 feet (might be perspective)... but wheels look like standard 7 or 8' wide. I doubt it matters much but it really does look unusual.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook