SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Oceanis 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
First of all, we can not totally relay on boat speed and wind speed numbers - instrument calibration can (are often in my opinion) be very off and current influencing also. But we can get the big picture.

.... But taste is of course different.

Regards,
Anders
Yes, tastes are relative, performances not.

The Oceanis 38 is a nice boat but not on the league of performance cruisers. You have only to look at the SA/D to realize that.

When they get an ORCI rating (or LYS) you will see that I am right and that the Oceanis 38 is not really fast boat, nor a performance boat.

That does not mean that it is not an excellent cruiser, a boat that will fulfill completely the role for the market it was designed. It would be less fast in light wind than any performance cruiser, a fast and stable boat downwind with enough wind, an acceptable boat upwind in flat water and a not very good one, or comfortable one upwind with waves.

Anyway most of that market target (mass market) will not beat upwind and will just motor, so that is not really a problem.

I agree that the Oceanis 38 has a great and innovative interior, at least is the impression I get from the video and photo coverage.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook