SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tea Tree Oil Recipe
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Re: Tea Tree Oil Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Dehumidifiers are great when you're dockside. However, up on the hard, most aren't permitted to run power 24/7. It's the shoulder seasons that heat up the interior that I find are the greatest risk. Kanberra has been holding them off nicely. Even the product that I set out in the Fall will freeze over the winter and be instantly available as the Spring thaw occurs. Perfectly timed for when its needed.
True enough, and deiscant (CaCl2) is impractical (lots is needed).

However, I have been experimenting with running the dehumidifier off the solar panels, which works fine if I set the cycle short (4 hours per day) and run it off the 12v side. That is enough to keep the RH ~ 50% with the boat sealed up.

I stay in the water all winter (a bit more humid I'm sure); dehumidifiers are probably a better answer in that case.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook