SailNet Community - View Single Post - SSCA Annapolis Gam
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: SSCA Annapolis Gam

I think everyone can learn from everyone.

I don't cruise but I've picked up provisioning tips that I use on and off the boat, especially keeping food fresh longer. Some of the conservation tips I've started using at home just because they make sense. Weather happens on and off the boat. I love those workshops in particular and learn something new each time I attend one.

I met non-cruisers and some who didn't even have a boat. Everyone was made to feel welcome because we shared a love of boating, regardless of the amount of miles we had under our keel and regardless of the type of boat.

I have been a member of SSCA since I had a 22-foot boat that darn sure wasn't cruising anywhere. The members I've met are nice people. The fact that the gam happens so close to home is convenient and a bonus to my membership fee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook