SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ana Capri or Anacapri?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013

74anacapri is on a distinguished road
Re: Ana Capri or Anacapri?

I'll take some better photos next time we're out.
This boat is in excellent shape. Bought in 1986 in South Florida, Biscayne Bay. Has been in fresh water since we moved to Virginia in 1990, and sailed regularly pretty much year round.
It was originally yellow topsides over black hull, when it chalked I repainted with white topsides/grey nonslip over black hull. Years past, whenever I saw one of these, they were always in colorful combinations.
The deck has remained tight, so no balsa decay there. I did have to repair and reinforce the transom around the motor mount.
Original companionway and forward hatches. It stays in the water, so I rarely raise the centerboard, but it has been getting gradually stickier for the last few years. I'll need to do something about that.
My trailer seems to be an exact copy of yours.
I consider this a rock solid little boat. I can singlehand with double reef main and my smallest jib, sometimes feeling barely under control, when no one else will leave the marina. With a long shaft the prop is deep enough to stay in the water in a short swell. In a mid breeze the fin keel guys can usually take me, but I can often push this boat harder than they can.
Never had any problems with attachments, chainplates, that didn't announce themselves as expected.
Anyway, I hope you get half the satisfaction out of your project. You'll deserve it after that much work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02786.jpg (35.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02798.jpg (50.0 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to 74anacapri For This Useful Post:
BillOcala (10-03-2013)