SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ana Capri or Anacapri?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013
1975 Anacapri Erika 24

BillOcala is on a distinguished road
Re: Ana Capri or Anacapri?

That is a pretty boat. Mine has had a lot harder life. I am very unhappy with the home built hatches the previous owner put on. If you could get good pictures of your hatches that would be a help as I attempt to replace them. I dont know if I will ever find that trapezoid shaped forward hatch though. I almost cut that one out and made a new opening (I might still have to go that way later).

I really like your stern railing too. That is also on my list.

I am still not sure about my rudder. I think mine is probably not original. How does yours attach? Mine just has two mounting holes on the top that mate with a stainless steel bracket. There is no easy way to raise it from inside the boat. Is yours the same way?

What winches did your boat come with? Someone removed the winches from this boat and covered up the screw holes. I assume it had winches at some point (has a genoa and a spinnaker in inventory) but if it did they did a good job covering up the holes.

It is good to learn there is at least 1 more operational Erika out there! We are the last ones I think!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook