SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reptiles, bugs and boats and florida?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002

troyaux is on a distinguished road
Reptiles, bugs and boats and florida?

Ok Pirate Red Beard? Assuming you have a beard or red hair.... Or at least a red scalp from the sun....
please answer my question about snakes, and spiders,mice, rats and such in relation to my boatin a canal....

I don''t know the waters at all and we can just jump in our Great lakes up in the north
and never worry about getting bit.. hypothermia is our biggest most killer here- no joke intended. Our water is 45-65 degrees. Our spiders are not poisonous so I usually just grab a leg and toss them over making sure they understand there are no stowaways allowed on my vessel.. I be abit afraid to do that in Florida and what about snakes and such? How would you get one off your boat?

I''ll be sailing in about 2 1/2 months in those waters and I''d really like to know what to expect. My slug of a vessel surely won''t out run your pirate ship or your cannonballs I''m sure, but I certainly will try to find you when I get there and steal some of the gold I''m sure you use for ballast.

Seriously, don''t scare the crap out of me, but tell me straight- are unwelcome passengers a thing to worry about or not?

also ... can you swim in the soundand around the islands like Cayo Costa or is it dangerous?
Troy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook