SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley Oven
Thread: Galley Oven
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013
Salty

MSter is on a distinguished road
Galley Oven

I have recently purchased a Morgan 41 Out Island which was originally equipped with an electric stove/oven. In my opinion, this was not the best choice as it requires either shore power or running the genny to even heat up a pot of coffee. I am swapping this out and am currently looking at the options. I am considering an alcohol stove/oven but am hesitant as this would require I carry yet another fuel type. The propane option is also under consideration, but this has always worried me as I never fully trust the electronic shutoffs, etc. In addition, the propane plumbing and associated hardware raises the cost of this option considerably.

Has anyone tried fitting a camp stove/oven as seen here? It seems a gimbal kit could be easily added and the overall cost is very attractive at ~$200. This propane solution would not require any plumbing or electronic shutoffs as it can be operated from the 1lb canisters easily disconnected when not in use.

Amazon.com: Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove: Kitchen & Dining Amazon.com: Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove: Kitchen & Dining

I am curious to hear if anyone is using a similar setup and what their experience has been with long term usage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camp stove.jpg (23.9 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook