SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley Oven
Thread: Galley Oven
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-03-2013 Thread Starter
Galley Oven

I have recently purchased a Morgan 41 Out Island which was originally equipped with an electric stove/oven. In my opinion, this was not the best choice as it requires either shore power or running the genny to even heat up a pot of coffee. I am swapping this out and am currently looking at the options. I am considering an alcohol stove/oven but am hesitant as this would require I carry yet another fuel type. The propane option is also under consideration, but this has always worried me as I never fully trust the electronic shutoffs, etc. In addition, the propane plumbing and associated hardware raises the cost of this option considerably.

Has anyone tried fitting a camp stove/oven as seen here? It seems a gimbal kit could be easily added and the overall cost is very attractive at ~$200. This propane solution would not require any plumbing or electronic shutoffs as it can be operated from the 1lb canisters easily disconnected when not in use. Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove: Kitchen & Dining Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove: Kitchen & Dining

I am curious to hear if anyone is using a similar setup and what their experience has been with long term usage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camp stove.jpg (23.9 KB, 4 views)

1983 Morgan OI 416
S/V Shamrock
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome