SailNet Community - View Single Post - End of the trip, now what....too much stuff?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013

F15EWSO is on a distinguished road
End of the trip, now what....too much stuff?

OK,
so we've sold the boat and unloaded all our "stuff" at my sister's in North Carolina. Now we need to get to the Naples area in Florida. Problem is we have our "stuff" from a 43 foot boat and are trying to cram it into a Ford Explorer along with 2 cats. The obvious solution (and original plan) was get a U-Haul trailer but there is a problem....U-Haul will NOT rent a trailer to a Ford SUV; this dates back to the rollover/Firestone issues from over a decade ago. I've scoured the other rentals (Penske, Hertz, etc ) for a trailer but no one that I know rents trailers for a one-way to SW Florida. Talking to moving companies and our load is so small by their standards that it is almost cost-prohibitive to move it....spending more moving it than its actual value (yet we have sentimental attachment for example)
Can anyone offer a different approach to get our stuff down to Florida.
Boat Yr, 1989
Boat Length 43'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook